13. Toronto Maple Leafs
Toronto is a mix of the two negative factors we’ve considered up to this point as they’ve been a consistent playoff team the past few seasons while also teeming with young talent that could
More from SenShot
- Crunch. Crush. Grind. Mash. The Tyler Kleven Story
- Belleville Senators: What To Expect In 2023-24
- Daniel Alfredsson and Marian Hossa Hit The Ice One Final Time
- Ottawa Senators: Something’s Got to Give
- Hot Pierre Summer 2.0? Let’s Talk About The Ottawa Senators Offseason So Far!
take them to the next level at anytime. Adding Lafrenière would improve both their current and future outlook, which could be a major roadblock to contention in the Atlantic division. They’re also a bitter rival, and nothing would be worse for Ottawa than dreaming of Lafrenière all season only to see him star down the 401.
But… this has the potential to be hilarious. While the Leafs winning with Lafrenière would be horrible, seeing Toronto have another franchise player fall into their laps and still failing to make good on their potential, like the 2010s Oilers, would be pretty fun to watch for fans of the other 30 teams. Is spite healthy? I don’t know, I’m not a doctor, but it’s definitely fun.