Apr 30, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; Colorado Avalanche center Joey Hishon (38) is congratulated by left wing Jamie McGinn (11) after scoring against the Minnesota Wild in the first period in game seven of the first round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
More from Editorials
- Ottawa Senators: Something’s Got to Give
- Hot Pierre Summer 2.0? Let’s Talk About The Ottawa Senators Offseason So Far!
- EXCLUSIVE: Making Moments With Senators Forward Egor Sokolov
- Joonas Korpisalo: The Solution To The Senators’ Goaltending Problem
- Ottawa Senators: To Build Or Demolish? New Arena Discussion
The Avalanche were a surprise team last season, the lowest paid club to make the playoffs. They won’t catch anyone by surprise this year, so they are going to have to keep the same level of effort and then some to maintain competitiveness. Ownership has anted up by spending almost to the cap, so they have no excuses.