May 16, 2014; Anaheim, CA, USA; Anaheim Ducks right wing Teemu Selanne (8) leans against the bench after game seven of the second round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs against the Los Angeles Kings at Honda Center. Mandatory Credit: Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
For a team that finished first in the Western Conference standings last season, the Ducks are in very good cap shape. They still have $10M in cap space with most of their most important players (Getzlaf, Perry, Fowler) locked up long-term.
More from Editorials
- Ottawa Senators: Something’s Got to Give
- Hot Pierre Summer 2.0? Let’s Talk About The Ottawa Senators Offseason So Far!
- EXCLUSIVE: Making Moments With Senators Forward Egor Sokolov
- Joonas Korpisalo: The Solution To The Senators’ Goaltending Problem
- Ottawa Senators: To Build Or Demolish? New Arena Discussion
Other than the glut of defensemen (and some would argue you can never have too many blueliners) the Ducks are in a position that many teams around the league would like to be in.