Crashing the Crease is Senshot’s daily tour around the NHL, bringing some interesting stories from off the ice.
- Octopus Thrower looks at Daniel Alfredsson and his ability to pull the trigger on the power play. Hey I love(d) Alfie, but comparing his one-timer to Brett Hull, especially at this point in his career, is a little much.
- Broad Street Buzz looks at the Flyers potential for new hope this season. That was before the Montreal game last night. I predicted the Flyers to get to the Cup finals, but that defense simply isn’t very good.
- Morgan Rielly looked good last night against Ottawa. He might have climbed up the depth chart, and with the injury to Mark Fraser, he is getting the chance he was looking for.
- Too many men on the site takes a look at some sneaky dirty players whose talent sometimes outweighs the nasty, or at least gives them a pass.
- Are these the Flames’ new third jerseys? Not sure yet what I think of them. But they definitely aren’t near the worst uniforms revealed recently by a long shot.
- More accusations of coaches chirping opposing players, and John Tortorella’s friendly new demeanor with the media was about as short-lived as Patrick Roy keeping his cool or Brian Burke remaining behind the scenes.
Enjoy your Sunday!