The Phantoms look to make it two wins in as many games as the home and home series returns to Glens Falls, NY. tonight. Last game played on Saturday night resulted in the Senators on the losing brink of a 4-1 contest that saw the loss of Nathan Lawson suffering an apparent groin injury. Andrew Hammond (9-6-1-3 3.23) will get the start and I’m going to assume it’ll be Yann Danis (5-3-0-2 2.35) again in net as he had a strong game in Binghamton. The Sens will try to add on to their slim one point lead in the East over idle W/B-Scranton.
(23-11-0-3) 49 pts
First in East Division
(19-14-0-2) 40 pts
Third in NorthEast Division
B-Sens Projected Lineup
Hammond / Greenham
Injured Reserve: Goaltender Lawson, lower body.
Healthy: Forward Darren Kramer, Defenseman Tyler Eckford.
Notes & Observations
- Senators look to rebound after paying six games during a nine day stretch. Saturday’s performance showed a tired B-Sens team with missed passes and overall poor decisions with the puck as Adirondack wore them down.
- Goaltender Scott Greenham was called up on Monday from Elmira while forward Ludwig Karlsson was sent down after Saturday’s game. Greenham has a 6-10-2 3.08 record for the Jackals as he will back up Hammond while Lawson is out of action this week. Nathan’s injury doesn’t appear to be as serious and won’t be out for an significant amount of time. Defenseman Troy Rutkowski was also called up only to be sent back the following day.
- Adirondacks power play ranks 28th at 13.2% and is 2nd on the penalty kill with 88.4%. B-Sens are 4th with a 22.2% and 14th at 82.8% respectively.
- Binghamton’s road record is 10-7-0-0 winning three out of their last four while Adirondack is 10-8-0-1 at home, winners of four out of their last five and six of eight at the Civic Center.
- Mark Stone is still on re-call for Chris Neil‘s hamstring injury. There might be a real possibility he may stick with Ottawa and Jean-Gabriel Pageau possibly the one being sent down to make room for Neil once he returns. The Phantoms Tye McGinn was returned on Monday after being up for a pair of games over the weekend for the Philadelphia Flyers. UPDATE; JGP sent down as anticipated today but won’t be in the line up for tonight’s game.
Three Cogs in the Machine
Adirondack: Forwards Ben Holmstrom (6g 9a 35gms) and Nick Cousins (4g 8a 34gms), Defenseman Bruno Gervais (6g 9a 32gms).
Binghamton: Forwards Matt Puempel (12g 7a 37gms) and Shane Prince (7g 12a 31gms), Defenseman Fredrik Claesson (+23).
Adirondack’s 4-1 victory last Saturday puts the Phantoms up 3-2 for the season.
B-Sens Tweet of the Day
List of people I’d like to trade places with: 1. Harvey Spector 2. Bill Murray 3. Harvey Spector
— wacey hamilton (@Whamilton36) January 13, 2014
*Cover photo courtesy of Alicia Strauch.