The B-Sens will be gunning for five wins in a row as they host the Adirondack Phantoms tonight at the Veterans Memorial Arena at 7:05 pm. The Phantoms recently had their six game win streak come to an end after they lost to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers 3-2 last Sunday in Bridgeport. It’s apparent Adirondack has given the Sens fits so far in the two games they’ve played as goalie Cal Heeter has come up big in the crease stopping 72 of 74 Senators shots in both Phantoms 3-1 wins. This will be the first of two home games played this weekend for the second place B-Sens as they seek for control of the always tight East Division.
Tied for 2nd in East Division
(7-5-0-2) 16 pts
2nd in Northeast Division
Projected B-Sens Lineup
Lawson / Hammond
- Senators are in first slot on the PP at 29.1% as the Phantoms are 7.6% for last place. Flip it upside down on the PK and it’s Adirondack in first spot with a 90.0% kill rate, while B-Sens are 79.1% for 25th position.
- Binghamton forward Stephane Da Costa was named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov 10. Da Costa tallied two goals and five assists for seven points in three games last week.
- The line of Mark Stone, David Dziurzynski and Darren Kramer has been the best energy line lately with pesky Kramer leading the way by getting under your skin type of hockey opposing teams hate to see. I’ll also add he’s got a surprising wicked slapper for an enforcer.
- Phantoms defenseman Brandon Manning leads the team with 40 shots. Goaltender Heeter is 4-3-0-1 with a 2.12 and .932%. Senators forward Mike Hoffman leads his team in shots also with 40 and netminder Nate Lawson is 6-1-0-0 with a 2.32 and .929%.
- Defensman Chris Wideman will not be playing as he serves his one game suspension for hitting Hershey Bear forward John Mitchell with his stick in last Sunday’s game.
-3 Key Players To Watch For
Adirondack: Forwards Nick Cousins (3g 6a 14gms), Jason Akeson (1g 7a 14gms) and Defenseman Manning.
Binghamton: Forwards Mike Hoffman (8g 8a 13gms), Stephane Da Costa (3g 9a 10gms) and Defenseman Cody Ceci (2g 10a 13gms).
Injured: Forward Jim O’Brien (skating, day to day).
Healthy: Forwards Buddy Robinson and Ludwig Karlsson, Defenseman Wideman (Susp.)
-Head to Head Results
Adirondack is up 2-0 with last game’s 3-1 win at the Glens Falls Civic Center.
-B-Sens Tweet of the Day
Great win for bingo and a great weekend getting 3 wins in 3 nights!:)
— Robin Lehner (@RobinLehner) November 11, 2013
-Last Game’s Highlights (10-26-13)