The Senators conclude their three game weekend with a 5:00 pm meeting with division rival Hershey Bears at Giant Center. The once, powerful Bears are off to a slow start this year as they find themselves last in the East as the Sens are fairing slightly better in fourth place however three points out of first. Past history shows Binghamton hasn’t been very successful in Bear country but recently they have been fairing better as the Sens won three out of four games at Giant Center last season.
4th in East Division
(3-4-2-1) 9 pts
5th in East Division
Projected B-Sens Lineup
Lawson / Hammond
– Both clubs are coming off wins as Hershey downs Bridgeport at home 3-2 Saturday night and the Senators were all over the Amerks 7-3 also at home.
– Senators are back in first place on the pp at 31.3% while the Bears are 27th slot sporting a 11.9%. PK has Hershey in 7th with a 85.2% while Bingo is 22nd and an even 80.0%.
– B-Sens have a respectable 4-2-0-0 record on the road while Hershey is 2-2-1-1 at home.
– Luke Richardson has his club playing on all cylinders and look to extend the team’s win streak to four.
– At least this weekend’s three games in three days doesn’t require an extended amount of travel miles unlike the last tail end of three in three days that took the squad to Bridgeport for a 3:00pm game. The team bus was held up in traffic and didn’t get to the hotel until four in the morning that Sunday. (B-Sens would still prevail and win that game in OT.)
-3 Key Players To Watch For
Hershey: Forward Jeff Taffe (3g 2a 10gms) and Dane Byers (4g 1a 10gms), Defenseman David Kolomatis (1g 4a 6gms).
Binghamton: Forwards Mike Hoffman (8g 7a 12gms), Stephane Da Costa (3g 9a 9gms) and Defenseman Chris Wideman (2g 8a 11gms).
Injured: Forwards Jim O’Brien, Andre Petersson, day-to-day.
Healthy: Defenseman Troy Rutkowski and Forward Jakub Culek.
-Head to Head Results
Sens win last season’s head to head matches going 6-2-0-0 while outscoring the Bears 25-19.
-B-Sens Tweet of the Day
— Jean-Gabriel Pageau (@JGPageau) November 8, 2013
-Last Game’s Highlights (4-20-13)