Crashing the Crease is SenShot’s daily tour around the league, looking at the off-ice news and notes from the NHL.
- The Oilers have developed some bad habits, and are still looking for their first win.
- Sabres fans finding out once again that losing isn’t fun. The should be getting used to it by now, no?
- From top of the world and Tim Thomas is a saviour to WTF. That was the Panters’ opening couple of games.
- The Rangers will get a boost with the return of their heart and soul – Ryan Callahan
- Meanwhile, Oilers fans better not hope that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the saviour
- Peter Laviolette was fired this morning as coach of the Flyers, after just 3 games and the club scoring just 3 goals. Who would have predicted that? Oh, right. Me. But even I didn’t think it would happen this quickly. He was replaced by Craig Berube.
- Alex Ovechkin, Lars Eller and Marc-Andre Fleury (yes, THAT MAF) were named the NHL’s three stars of the first week.
- Too Many Men On The Site looks at some former NHL players and where they are now. Some are surprising, while others not so much.
Check back tomorrow for some more news and notes from around the league.