Crashing the Crease is SenShot’s daily look at some interesting news and stories from around the NHL.
- Are the Chicago Blackhawks mentally ready for a shot at repeating as Stanley Cup Champs? Even if the are,, the grind and the physical difficulty in repeating makes it very unlikely.
- Some good news for the Oilers as centre Ryan Nugent-Hopkins should be back in the Edmonton lineup on Monday night. They are in desperate need of a natural centre.
- A pending UFA at the end of the season, will Joe Thornton retire as a Shark? There will be a big market for the big centre, and if they can’t get over the hurdle this year, it might be time to go in another direction anyway.
- There are already inconsistencies and loopholes big enough to drive through the NHL’s new helmet/fighing rule.
- In a bizarro world, an Oilers writer wonders if the Flames could be Cinderella this year? And that was before last night’s win. Not likely, but the Flames making the playoffs would be the biggest shocker since….who knows?
- How good is the Minnesota Wild‘s young group of talent?
- Is Alex Galchenyuk the best prospect in hockey?
- Are the Capitals already looking to shake things up? Well at least someone wants them to.
Enjoy your Saturday, and the first weekend of the season!