Crashing The Crease is SenShot’s daily tour around the off-ice new and notes from the NHL.
- Sabre Noise calls out the Sabres for their lack of leadership, at least of the right kind.
- Manny Malhotra tries to make a comeback from his scary eye injury. After not getting an NHL bite, the Charlotte Checkers (AHL affilaite of the Hurricanes) have signed the gritty forward to a 25 game tryout. Good luck and I hope he succeeds, he seems like one of the good guys who was dealt a bad break.
- The Penguins’ injury woes continue. Now its James Neal. For their sake 87 and 71 can stay healthy for the season.
- The Islanders are looking for respect. I’m thinking it takes more than one 8th place finish to earn that. Its not going to be handed out. Do it again (make the playoffs), keep improving, and then people will take notice for real.
- Ville Leino just can’t buy a break. Actually, he gets too many, literally. The overpaid forward who just can’t live up to his deal is out indefinitely after hurting a rib.
- Patrick Roy gets a $10K fine for his antics in his first career game behind an NHL bench. Good thing he made lots of money in his career, because he could become the Mark Cuban of the NHL. He needs to keep that in check to get respect around the league from players and fellow coaches alike.
That’s it for today, check back tomorrow for some interesting news and notes from around this great game!