Crashing The Crease is SenShot’s daily tour bringing you stories form around the league:
- Broad Street Buzz looks at the role of the enforcer in today’s NHL, in light of the George Parros situation.
- Tampa GM Steve Yzerman was among a trio of prominent GMs that are questioning the place fighting has in the NHL.
- What the Bruins will look like on opening night, with the return of some quality role players from injury.
- Is Ben Bishop the answer to the Lightning’s goaltending woes?
- Speaking of goalies, are the Penguins in trouble in the crease, with Tomas Vokoun out for 3-6 months?
- The Penguins signed Chuck Kobasew, but I don’t think he can play net.
- Teams are still tweaking lineups, as the Hurricanes inked Radek Dvorak.
- A passing of the torch in Jersey? For the first time in 19 years, Martin Brodeur will not be in the crease for a Devils season opener.
- Blackhawk Up looks at 3 teams that could “shock” the Blackhawks.
- Is Patrick Roy going to last 30 games before he suffers an aneurysm? Game 1 and he started tearing down the Pepsi Center.
- Players, for the most part, are sitting on the fence regarding the fighting issue
Check back tomorrow for another tour around the league bringing you some off-ice stories.