Crashing the Crease is SenShot’s daily look around the league at some off-ice news and stories from around the NHL.
- Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin are apparently close to a contract extension that will keep them in Vancouver for even longer. I would say for their entire career, but the duo’s agent is J.P. Barry so you can never say forever, as Senators fans found out this summer.
- Someone else’s look at the Norris Trophy race. I guess to be the man you have to beat the man, but P.K. Subban is the man despite not having to take it from Erik Karlsson.
- A look at what the Dallas Stars need to do to qualify for the post-season. For my money, Step 1 – Mature Tyler Seguin.
- And the same questions for the Nashville Predators.
- Daniel Alfredsson got his first goal and assist in a Red Wings uniform. But even in Detroit, Maple Leafs fans continued the tradition of jeering the former Senators captain at times when he had the puck.
- Is this the beginning of a kinder, gentler Eugene Melnyk? Maybe someone told him you can catch more bees with honey than you can with vinegar….and CSI forensic investigations.
Check back tomorrow for more news and notes as the puck will soon be dropping for real!