Crashing the Crease is SenShot’s daily look around the NHL at some off-ice new and notes that you might find of some interest.
- Oil on Whyte already cushioning the blow should the Oilers miss the playoffs yet again? I mean, yes they could miss again, but providing excuses before the first puck drops is a little extreme. How jaded has that fan base become?
- Still some brouhaha over the Phil Kessel incident and the ensuing suspension. The words disgrace and embarrassment are used.
- Should the Isles (or somebody else) give an offer sheet to Rangers centre Derek Stepan? Don’t hold your breath.
- Predlines takes a look at the mixed messages the new rule changes are sending to the players.
- an injury to Jonas Gustavsson could give an Ottawa 67’s fan favorite a shot at sticking with the Wings. He should be there anyway, he is a better goalie than the Monster, although it is the Wings and in that organization you have to bide your time. Unless your name is Danny DeKeyser.
- Whaaaat? The Edmonton Oilers actually sent a first round draft pick home in the year they were drafted? Darnell Nurse was sent back to Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL, which marks the first time in 4 years their first round draft pick will not play. Granted, the previous three were first overall picks.
Check back tomorrow for another tour around the league!