Crashing The Crease is SenShot’s daily look at the off-ice news and notes from around the NHL.
- Obviously the talk of the league is still the Sabres-Leafs brawl from Sunday and the fallout from it. Kessel getting three (preseason) games had a lot of eyebrows raised, with Causeway Crowd calling it a “black eye” on the league.
- Sabre Noise states the NHL “dropped the ball” with the call, but to their credit, the Sabres-related site points the fair share of the blame in the Buffalo direction.
- In case you missed it, I called the situation a battle of a moral code vs the letter of the law
- Editor in Leaf wonders if Randy Carlyle should be blamed for putting Kessel in that situation to begin with.
- Damien Brunner, one of last years most impressive unheralded rookies, finally got a contract, a 2 year deal with the Devils
- Detroit is dealing with some injury problems, including Daniel Alfredsson, Darren Helm and Jonas Gustavsson that will require some fancy Salary Cap moves.
- The Florida Panthers could be sold by the end of the week. Phoenix Fan is jealous at how quickly that transaction was handled.
- With injuries to Sam Gagner and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, are there enough internal options in Edmonton, or are they going to have to go outside the organization for help?
- Does anyone really understand hybrid icing yet?
Check back tomorrow for another trip around the league!