Crashing The Crease is SenShot’s daily look at the News and Notes from around the NHL.
- Sixes are wild in Edmonton, as they have their 3 big offensive stars all locked up for long term deals, all making $6M per season. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will join that club when his contract extension kicks in after this coming season. If his shoulders last that long, let alone for the term of the 7 year, $42M contract.
- One of the biggest questions in last year’s playoff surrounded Brad Richards. Had he really fallen so far so fast, or was John Tortorella the reason for his sub-par play. Will he rebound this year? Personally, I think he was mishandled and the breath of fresh air will do him good.
- An early crack in the armour of the Blackhawks? It is only preseason, but Marian Hossa isn’t exactly an ironman. Has all that hockey caught up with him? Hossa will miss the entire preseason with an upper body injury.
- Speaking of older players missing time with injury, it can’t be a good sign that Daniel Alfredsson missed last night’s game against the Bruins with a sore groin.
- Jamie Benn was named the new captain of the Dallas Stars. I wonder if Tyler Seguin was disappointed he wasn’t in the running.
- I know Marcus Foligno is more talented than his brother Nick, but is he really a first line player in Buffalo? If so, the Sabres might be in more trouble than I thought. But then again, the rumours are that Nick could occupy the same position in Columbus this season.
Check back tomorrow for some more news and notes from around the NHL.