Crashing the Crease is SenShot’s daily look around the NHL at some news and notes, and stories you might not see otherwise.
- Too Many Men On The Site suggest that Tim Thomas will be full of surprises in Florida. I’m not sure if they will be good, or bad, surprises. I guess if Dominik Hasek did it, so can Thomas. But, if Thomas is coming back for an Olympic berth, remember Hasek as well.
- Sabre Noise looks at two of the young Buffalo prospects and wonders if they can propel each other to big things. At least that’s one avenue for Sabres fans to look forward to, as there isn’t a ton of optimism for much this season.
- Who needs Brad Boyes? After insulting a first line player from last season with a PTO offer, which he rightfully declined, the door is open for highly touted Ryan Strome on the Isles power play.
- Is Detroit a serious contender with Justin Abdelkader as a winger on the first line? I wonder if Alfie is second guessing his decision a bit at this point in time.?
- What do you pay a first overall pick who has a history of serious injury and is still looking to fulfill potential with just parts of two seasons under his belt? That’s the dilemma facing the Oilers regarding Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
Check back tomorrow for some new and hopefully interesting stories from around the NHL.