Crashing The Crease is SenShot’s daily look at news and notes from around the NHL.
- Tim Thomas found a landing spot, at least for a tryout with the Panthers. The perspective from the Bruins side (where he last played and the Panthers side, where he is heading.
- Paul Bissonnette will have plenty of time to tweet during games, as @biznasty2point0 was given an automatic 10 game suspension for leaving the bench to start a fight with Jordan Nolan of the Kings in response to Nolan’s hit on Rostislav Klesla.
- Ryan Miller and The Buffalo Sabres. He doesn’t want to be there, they don’t really want him there. Maybe he should say something political and take a year off like Tim Thomas. Sabre Noise looks at the “what ifs” around Miller.
- Chris Kreider created a lot of buzz in the 2012 playoffs as a rookie, but his biggest claim to fame last season might be derailing Craig Anderson‘s Vezina Trophy seaason. Blue Line Station looks at whether or not Kreider can live up to the hype.
- Eyes on Isles compares the contracts and the players that are Erik Karlsson (Norris Trophy winner), Alex Pietrangelo (Norris Trohpy candidate), and their own Travis Hamonic (in their eyes a future Norris Trophy something). Don’t really know if he is in that conversation yet, or if he will be, but he does have a 7 year contract in his pocket like the other two.
Check back tomorrow for another trip around the league.