Crashing The Crease is SenShot’s daily look around the league at some interesting news and notes.
- The Canucks didn’t waste any time in cutting some chaff from their training camp as they send 5 players home without much of a look at all.
- Tampa Bay’s Brett Connolly is turning heads at Lightning Camp. Could he be this year’s Cory Conacher?
- Jonas Gustavsson, is earning the nickname (preseason) Monster. He hasn’t shown much in his regular seasons to earn the nickname, but it is a contract year and no team is going to make the same mistake the Wings did by offering a deal on potential any more.
- The Canes added a piece in Ron Hainsey, but should they stop there in bolstering a relatively weak blue line?
- He didn’t have model good looks to begin with, but this didn’t help…
Just had a plastic surgery)))hahahaah pic.twitter.com/BtpErhrJY2
- The Flames and Oilers split squads split games, with both teams winning on the road.
- Of course the logical teams for the Kraft Hockeyville game played in Belleville (half way between Ottawa and Toronto or Montreal and Toronto) were the Winnipeg Jets and Washington Capitals. Mike Green‘s winner in the shootout was the difference in Washington’s 4-3 win.
Check back tomorrow for more NHL news and notes.