Crashing the Crease is SenShot’s daily tour around the NHL, bringing you some interesting tidbits from around the league:
- Former Bruin and new Dallas Star Rich Peverley had heart surgery to fix an irregular heartbeat, and should be out about 3 weeks. While we wish him the best of luck and a sucessful recovery, I can’t resist – Come on Peverley, get back in the game, your heart is a long way from your hea—oh. And if you don’t “get” that reference, remember I am not a comedian.
- Alex Pietrangelo‘s contract stalemate didn’t last too long into training camp. The Blues’ defenseman signed a 7 year, $45.5M contract to get back to camp and continue his quest for world dominance. Or at least a Stanley Cup-Olympic Gold Double.
- Have you seen the stickhandling display by Patrick Kane for a Bauer commercial? If not, Backhawk Up has the footage, although I think the greatness is being blown a little out of proportion. Not to take anything away from Kane’s skill, its not something that half the NHL doesn’t do on a regular basis, and although not with as many pucks, I have seen junior players do the same thing in pregame warmups. I wonder how many takes it took. Although if the last couple of seconds are real and not faked, then THAT is impressive, no matter how many takes it took.
- A couple of weeks ago, I looked at some coaches who might be on the hot seat early on this season. They were hard to come by, simply because of the great turnover of the last couple of seasons. However, Cardiac Cane is already suggesting that this is a critical time for Carolina head coach Kirk Muller.
- Sabre Noise continues a look at the Sabres vacant captaincy, suggesting Cody Hodgson might be a good candidate.
Check back tomorrow for another tour around the news and notes of the NHL.