Crashing The Crease is SenShot’s Daily look around the NHL at some interesting news and notes. Here is the tour for Friday the 13th….
- Jaromir Jagr left the ice minutes into his first on-ice workout with the Devils…uh oh? Is Jagr too old for the NHL? is a question posed by Too Many Men On The Site.
- After signing one aging Quebec native (Danny Briere), are the Habs looking at signing another one, who also has a history of injury troubles (Simon Gagne)?
- Octopus Thrower wonders if bringing Dan Cleary back will force one of the Wings’ true young potential snipers to bolt to the KHL.
- Trouble in Toronto already? Joffrey Lupul (and Colton Orr) miss the first day of camp with injuries. In Lupul’s case, back spasms can’t be a good sign as the key forward has a history of back troubles. Its really too early to speculate, but if Lupul has to take a trip down Jason Spezza lane, it will cause problems in T.O. However, if he has to go on LTIR, there is money for Cody Franson. But it is too early to speculate.
- The one thing Marc-Andre Fleury and the Penguins didn’t need was for him to step onto the ice and start treating the puck like a hand grenade right off the bat. But apparently that is exactly what happened.
- The Hurricanes didn’t waste much time in replacing Joni Pitkanen, as was suggested yesterday in this space, and Ron Hainsey was the player tabbed to join the Canes.
Check back tomorrow for another trip around the league.