A daily collection of news and notes from around the NHL.
- The Leafs will be inviting free agent forward Mason Raymond to camp this week. Raymond was drafted by Leafs GM Dave Nonis when he was in Vancouver, but one has to think that this might be a ploy to get Nazem Kadri into camp with a contract.
- Family squabbles have hit he Hurricanes, as owner Peter Karmanos has fired his son, Jason, from his positions with the team, as Cardiac Cane reports.
- A Winning Habit looks at potential breakout players for the Habs.
- Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy unveils what might be Canada’s third jersey at the Sochi Olympics. Not much better than the red’s leaked last week.
- Could Ryan Nugent-Hopkins miss the first month or more of the season? NHL.com reports that it might be a certainty.
- Training camp invite lists will likely come out today as hundreds of rookies are awaiting the call to see if their performance in rookie camps and tournaments have earned them a shot to take the ice with the big boys starting Wednesday.
Training camps are only a couple of days away, so check back tomorrow for more news and notes from around the league.