Yesterday was boring compared to what had happened on the first day of free agency, which was filled with signings from many teams.
- Derek Roy, who was linked with Ottawa has agreed to terms with the St Louis Blues on a 1 year contract worth 4 million dollars.
- There are some rumblings that Jaromir Jagr has three teams currently in talks with his agent for a contract, as the veteran tries to extended his career. The Montreal Canadiens were rumoured to be interested but it has been reported that they are no longer in the running.
- There was also some other minor signings around the league yesterday, but the biggest signing was Derek Roy
- There is a lot of quality free agents left out there, some are: Mikhail Grabovski, Damien Brunner, Mason Raymond, Brad Boyes, Marek Zidlicky, Dan Cleary and Brenden Morrow.
- Ex Sens assistant GM, now Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has come out publicly saying that he is not surprised Daniel Alfredsson left Ottawa. Stating that after speaking with him, not going into great detail, that Alfredsson wants to win the Stanley cup before he retires. Also saying players like him have a lot of fire to do so and that he is in the same class as new Bruins signing, Jarome Iginla.