- Jay Feaster traded Jarome Iginla to the Pittsburgh Penguins, the team that drafted Jaromir Jagr.
- This was after the Flames’ GM had a deal in principle to send Iginla to the Bruins, which Iginla balked at, instead choosing the Penguins
- The Bruins instead traded for Jagr from the Dallas Stars
- The Dallas GM who traded Jagr to Boston was Joe Nieuwendyk
- Joe Nieuwendyk was traded from the Calgary Flames to the Dallas Stars for a prospect named – Jarome Iginla
- Jarome Iginla was drafted in 1995 by the Dallas Stars by GM Bob Gainey who then traded Iginla for Nieuwendyk
- Gainey succeeded Bobby Clarke as the GM of the then Minnesota North Stars.
- Bobby Clarke was the senior Vice President of the Philadelphia Flyers when he facilitated Jagr’s return from the KHL to play with the Flyers last season.
OK, I admit the last couple were kind of a stretch, but hey, it completes the web!